On September 30, 1925, the dedication of the Madison Masonic Center was headlined in the Wisconsin State Journal. Designed by Madison architects James R. and Edward J. Law along with partner and associate Ellis J. Potter.
All three where active Masons and members of Madison Lodges. The firm went on to craft the Lodge Buildings at Edgerton, Portage, Delevan, Evansville, Broadhead, Fort Atkinson, Oconomowoc, and Freeport, IL. Today the firm is Potter Lawson.
The Masonic Center is an official state and local landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Today, this landmark building continues to house the activities of Freemasonry and is also available to the community as a downtown resource for events and meetings.
We are located at the corner of Wisconsin Avenue and E. Johnson Street, just two blocks North of the Capital Square in Madison. Our parking lot is located behind the building and is accessible from E. Johnson Street.
Mail can be sent to:
Madison Masonic Center
301 Wisconsin Avenue
Madison WI 53703
Contact our Business Manager,
for more information on our facilities. Phone (608) 256-5734
or click icon for email.
Madison Scottish Rite started in Madison Wisconsin in 1921. It consists of four coordinate Bodies:
Madison Lodge of Perfection
Madison Council Princes of
Madison Chapter of Rose Croix
Madison Consistory, S.P.R.S.